Have to reboot Amplifi every 1-3 days

• @ubnt-brett Will do. A quick update from my end... I haven't experienced the connectivity issue in a few days. The only change I made was switching over all our smart home devices to run off our xfinity router rather than the Amplifi network. This (e.g., number of devices) seems to have been the likely cause of the issue. We have 5 amazon devices, 1 doorbell and 30+ Philips Hue lights running on top of ~15 other regular devices (e.g., computers, printers, phones, gaming systems, etc.).

After switching the smart home devices over to a different network I haven't experienced the issue on the Amplifi system for a few days. It seems there is a limit on the number of concurrent devices although I haven't seen such limitation published in any of the amplifi device documentation. Can you advise? I wanted to provide this information as it may help your developers replicate the issue on your end.

• @nick-klein "We have 5 amazon devices, 1 doorbell and 30+ Philips Hue lights running on top of ~15 other regular devices (e.g., computers, printers, phones, gaming systems, etc.)." My hero! 🙂

• @nick-klein In all seriousness, with the proliferation of IoT devices (light bulbs, electric-outlet switches that are Google Home/Alexa connected, etc., etc.) how many connected devices a router can hold needs to grow. It's my observation that all routers tend to start straining ~50 devices? I am curious to see how AmpliFi responds regarding a specific count.

Anyway, we need routers that can handle the number of attached devices into the hundred range. I'm running low-to-mid-30s number of connected devices and would love to add gobs of light bulbs and Google Home electric-outlet switches and just can't because I'm afraid I'm going to give my beloved router a hernia. 🙂

• @nick-klein Actually we did a lot in 2.6.x to improve Wi-Fi stability. Are you on 2.6.1 now? Could you send me latest support info?

• I'm on 2.6.1, I still need to reboot from time to time to get all the devices working properly again.

I have 2 x SSID's, one is Amplifi and the other is just a 5ghz I created on an Asus wireless router I have. If the Amplifi is playing up, I change to the Asus SSID and things just start immediately working so I know it's not the rest of my equipment or the client.

• @cameron-jenkins Can you please send me (karlis@ubnt.com) support info at the moment you are experiencing Wi-Fi stability issues? This will help us a lot to diagnose and fix the issue faster.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.