Frequent Reconnections Of Mesh Point when telephoning with MS Teams

• Hello,

I have a strange problem with my Amplifi Alien system when telephoning via MS Teams on my Laptop. Everytime I am doing phone calls with my Laptop via the Teams App the Mesh connection point which is connected via Wi-Fi backbone is reconnecting frequently and I lose connection for a few seconds. Whithout phoning via Teams the Mesh Point is stable, no reconnections everything works perfectly. It only happens during active phone calls.

My setup is as follows:

• 1x Alien Amplifi router (Bridge Mode) and a dedicated Amplifi Mesh Point (both connected via Ethernet Backbone)
    • 1x Alien Amplifi router configured as Mesh Point connected via Wi-Fi backbone (the one which is reconnecting)
    • 1x Laptop connected via Wi-Fi and with VPN connection (company VPN SW client) to the company network + MS Teams App
    • The laptop and the affected mesh point are located at the same desk, so the Wi-Fi sinal between laptop and mesh point is 100%
    • The signal level between Amplifi router and Amplifi router which works as Mesh Point is -68 +- 1dBm and stable.

Does anybody have similar problems? Anybody an idea what is happening, maybe a bug?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards

Christian

• Hi,
    I have this also sometimes. But not only when on teams (I do notice it straight away when on call), but most of the time it stays in reconnecting loop. Powercycle will fix it for a couple of days - also Teams calls are fine again.
    I created a support case for it. Kindly ask you to do the same because support told me that it was hard to reproduce. More occurrences should only help development for a possible fix!