Please add ability to restart individual Wifi radios

• I sometimes have issues with some Elgato devices losing their bonjour capabilities for periods of time or they seem to vanish and reappear from my control apps which sometimes requires me to reboot the whole router.

They are 2.4Ghz devices, so I think it would be more convenient if it's possible to just reboot the radio controller for 2.4Ghz instead. Unless both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz are controlled by the same controller.

• @cmdshft I have previously seen this question and would like to know which vendors allow the individual router radios to be restarted without restarting the router?

• @James-Earl-Ford None that I have seen but the Alien has additional wifi radio for 5Ghz so I wasn't sure if this was possible or not.

• Hi @James-Earl-Ford - what definitions are we using for "reboot the whole router" and "restarting the router"?

Can't you enable / disable the radios on the UDM without a full reboot?

I thought the Beta HD firmware option to disable radios was the same...daemons may restart but I wouldn't consider it a 'whole router reboot'

• @Derek-Saville There is a reboot option in the app and the console on the physical box. To totally restart you have to pull the power cord. I am not sure what the difference is between the two on the UDM, but if it is like most computers it means memory is completely wiped when you pull the power cord but that is not necessarily true when a reboot/restart option is used.

I can't answer about the Beta Firmware since I never have had a need or reason to use Beta Firmware.

• which vendors allow the individual router radios to be restarted without restarting the router?

Hi @James-Earl-Ford - the Alien allows the individual 5.2 GHz radio to be "restarted" via a disable-enable sequence without the need to reboot the router

I believe @cmdshft is asking for the same capability to be added to the 2.4 GHz radio, which AmpliFi has previously beta tested on the HD series, and UniFi allows on individual AP's

I only played with a UDM for a short time before returning it, but I would have thought they also allow for the 2.4 GHz radio to be simply disabled or reenabled without the need to restart the whole router, but the UDM firmware is also in a sad state

I never have had a need or reason to use Beta Firmware

Ubiquiti / AmpliFi firmware is pretty much in a "beta" state ~90% of the time, including the public releases, which is why many people, myself included, and I believe yourself based on past comments, rarely update from the occasional truly stable releases on sites that matter

But that is the UI MO, get the hardware out as fast as possible and use 'the community' to help fix the software later...or not at all...