Can there be multiple HDs with wired backhaul?

• I currently own two HDs. One of them is connected to the cable modem and the second is located across the house and configured with wired backhaul. I am moving to a different house and this is what I want to accomplish.

At my new house, the internet service will come into the basement where the ISP modem will be located. I want to use my current main HD in the basement at the modem. The basement will have about 1700 finished square feet.

I'll have ethernet cables routed from the basement to a few locations on the first floor. It is a ranch house so just one floor above grade. I may not need a switch in the basement, I may only need the Ethernet ports on the main HD.

I know that I can take my second HD and connect it to one of the ethernet ports on the first floor with wired backhaul because that is the configuration that I have today. My question is, can I buy a third HD and connect that to a different ethernet cable in another part of the first floor and also have it configured with wired backhaul?

I'm unclear as to whether there can be more than one HD connected by wired backhaul and I'm also unclear as to whether those HDs have to be directly connected to each other with a continuous cable directly between them or whether the backhaul connection can be made just by being on the same ethernet network.

• My question is, can I buy a third HD and connect that to a different ethernet cable in another part of the first floor and also have it configured with wired backhaul?

Hi @jeffcarp94 - yes

I'm unclear as to whether there can be more than one HD connected by wired backhaul...

There can be many many Ethernet backhaul RAMPs, only limited by the router's ability to provide enough IP addresses for the mesh points

...and I'm also unbyclear as to whether those HDs have to be directly connected to each other with a continuous cable directly between them or whether the backhaul connection can be made just by being on the same ethernet network.

Ethernet backhaul RAMPs just need to be on the same network with access to the LAN side of the primary router

You can even extend the network and a RAMP will work across a wireless bridge (i.e. UBB-US) or across the internet to a remote site using VPN, such as the discontinued HW Teleport and it will work (note the Teleport App does not work for this)