AmpliFi Alien Firmware v3.5.2

• AmpliFi Alien firmware version 3.5.2 has been released.
    Release notes:

• Fixed connectivity issues with additional 5 GHz radio of US Alien
    • Improved stability
    • IPv6 related fixes

We use a gradual rollout for the update. It may take up to a week for your device to receive this update.

AmpliFi Alien Firmware Release Notes

• Hi @UI-AmpliFi - are you ever going to implement the firmware rollback feature on Alien routers?

• And how about verbose release notes as well? Yeah I know, talking into the wind.

• @Derek-Saville Hello we have published the previous stable version so you can rollback manually. Please follow the instructions in the topic - AmpliFi Alien Previous Stable Firmware Versions.

• Thank you @UI-AmpliFi - I have routers on v3.4.3 that I just wouldn’t risk updating without a rollback option in hand

This helps a lot

• @Derek-Saville
    Ditto here. I've stayed on 3.4.3 because things have stayed happy and stable... Interested in this 3.5.2 release though... Will be awaiting some testing and stability notes from you ladies/gentlemen!

• Updated to 3.5.2 this morning, since update i have been getting constant ethernet drop outs, doesn't seem to be effecting Wifi
    So both my main PC and Laptop will momentarily drop connection.
    Infact even while typing this message on my PC i keep getting a pop up in the bottom corner of website saying "looks like you have lost connection to Amplifi....."

I have rebooted PC's, rebooted router but still getting issues

0_1620325631097_dbd5c394-43f2-4296-b717-45c38f393a85-image.png

• @UI-AmpliFi this is great!!

• Just updated...praying the "incorrect password" and dropped WiFi when switching nodes are fixed! Thanks UI.

• @Alan-Thomas Hi, please help us solve this issue by submitting a support ticket and describe your issue (when it happened, for which device (mention MAC address), and what was the issue).
    Thank you!

• @UI-AmpliFi hey guys, appears I jumped the gun I think.
    My whole Internet went down last night locally so I am guessing it was an external issue that coincidently started at the same time I updated my router.

Apologies for jumping the gun and thank you for all your work loving my Amplifi Alien

• No observed drops on any devices, (iPhones and IoT) using 3.5.2 stable the last two days which is very promising.

Although, have measured a significant drop in signal range/strength over my "4-corner" test area even after rebooting router and mesh multiple times. This reduced WiFi speeds up/down by 50% at the corners. The 5 foot distance is about 10-15% lower than previous on download, while upload is unchanged. This also manifests as no WiFi coverage in areas that had 30-40% signal strength.

In my case, the alpha 3.5.1 firmware had the best speeds, strongest signal, largest usable range and no WiFi drops over 2 weeks of testing so not sure what happened beginning 3.5.2rc1? I'll let it ride for a couple days before doing a power cycle of all alien units, (versus rebooting).

• @agir7447 Me too... it only happens like once every few days but its still annoying. So far no "incorrect Password" prompts. Fingers Crossed.

• Well, I've updated to the latest firmware. so far (after a day) there have been no "incorrect password" prompts and my TV on the other side of the house seems to be maintaining connection. I am running dual Aliens with ethernet backhaul. I am having tremendous trouble maintaining cellular wifi now though. It seems like my phone is struggling to change from one router to the next causing it to drop the cellular wifi. That's painful.

• @gr8hifi Hello. Your case should be inspected individually. Since you are using an Ethernet backbone the distance between a router and a meshpoint can be too large in order to have a solid mesh WiFi network for client devices that move around a lot.

Please contact our support team, attach a support file and describe the issue as detailed as possible - when exactly issue happened, which device (MAC address) you used, etc.
    Thank you!

• Getting the same problem. Wi-Fi drops constantly.. Just updated to 3.5.2 today.. And I'm working from home.!

• Ive gotten some improvement on incorrect passwords but after awhile it still prompts to enter. Is there anything that I might need to do to set it right?

• Here's some positive feedback on v3.5.2: updated a day ago and all seems well.
    Performance as good or better than v3.5.1, and WiFi calling on T-mobile is solid.

• AmpliFi Alien Router and MeshPoint (connected by 5 GHz WiFi6)
    • running bridge mode with Google Fiber Network Box/Router
    • ~48 devices connected

• Hi,

I have been having an issue with my 2 alien routers (mesh configuration). Ever since I updated to 3.5.X firmware my two Lollipop baby cameras randomly disconnect and will not reconnect until I power cycle the cameras. These are 2.4 ghz wireless-n devices. I had no issues with firmware 3.4.3. Anyone having issues similar to this? I have tried changing wifi channels and setting static up addresses, but nothing worked.

It is really annoying to have my baby monitors disconnect in the middle of the night. I will probably go back to 3.4.3 now that I can. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• It has been 8 days of uptime and I have not had any issues either and it looks like my issue with the Lenevo laptop "incorrect password" issue is not coming back. Looks good to me!