Ability to turn off DHCP server.

• @ui-brett Don't get me wrong, I adore the router, it looks and works great and the DHCP settings might not be a feature that the broader masses need. But is there any information on whether this is something that will be included or not seeing the topic was created two years ago? Just want to know if I should hang in there or not 🙂

• @markus-ullmark Currently I don't have any information on whether or not this feature will or will not be implemented and when. However, I can say that we are constantly listening to our customers and implementing new features continually so check future release notes for updates!

• @ui-brett Hi there, Brett. Have to say that I’m also a subscriber of that request. So, +1 here

• +1 to this request

I don't mind that you have a DHCP server, but I run PiHole DNS and want to specify it as the DNS all of my DHCP clients use. I didn't expect this to be an issue when I purchased the router; I had been using Ubiquiti's Edgemax router and it was phenomenal, but I wanted the Teleport's simple solution to tunneling. I had assumed that since Amplifi was now part of Ubiquiti, the feature-set would have been similar.

With that said, I would expect A LOT more control over my network since I am using a dedicated router. If I were to rate the product, this would take it from 5 stars to 3 stars.

• @adam-marlowe specifying (forcing) the Pi-Hole as a DNS for your network clients can be achieved easily by going to your Amplify router, Internet and there you have the option to either use your ISP DNS or specify the IP address of your Pi-Hole. Just make sure you have the Pi set as a static IP (also in Amplify router, (Advanced) DHCP Server, Static Leases.

HTH,
    V.

• I had been using Ubiquiti's Edgemax router and it was phenomenal, but I wanted the Teleport's simple solution to tunneling.

Hi @adam-marlowe - would the possibility of running the AmpliFi router in Bridge mode behind the Edgemax give you the best of both worlds?

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.