Ability to turn off DHCP server.

• My pfSense firewall has 10.0.0.1 and I am not going to rearrange all my servers for a little DHCP issue.

However, to answer your last question, that is correct. It only will block the IP address that are given out by it's own DHCP.

This should be blocked my MAC. I can see that this "feature" for Family Control is probably on a back burner with AmpliFi support. It would be too easy to make this firmware change and could imagine it would appease some people.

However, I digress, because disabling the DHCP server would be better to soothe a lot of pissed off people paying for the AmpliFi HD/Alien ($340-$700+) that is absent of a simple feature that is included in <$50 routers today.

If you want to know what I did; put all my Fire sticks/Chromecasts/Google Homes on the AmpliFi DHCP network, but still use the configuration we discussed last night for all the computers that are members of the domain through my own DHCP server.

That configuration also allows my Teleport HW to work as well.

The only kicker, the app doesn't work. I tried to make a secondary Android IP in shell to correspond with the DHCP's subnet; just doesn't seem to work, with a rooted phone, I was LOST with the tens of thousands of routing/ip tables… And! instructions dating back to Android 4.4.4

I took the other way out and had Tasker disable WiFi if I went into the app.

• @UI-Brett is there any update on this? I'm thinking about changing my Amplifi to something else because of the lack of such a basic functionality 😞

• @Pavel-Radchenko No update, it is not a feature that I am aware of us currently testing or developing, just requested as a feature and in the list for consideration.

• @UI-Brett I ordered the Alien router and was so excited to finally get it up and running. Beautifully packaged and wow what a device. Love the screen, love the green, great stuff.

Unfortunately, I will be returning it as it is completely useless for my home network. I can't seem to disable the DHCP server. Why would a $400 router be missing something so basic?

Yes I know this is pretty much 'caveat emptor', it was my mistake to have bought a pretty package without doing the due diligence in researching before I buy. Lesson learned.

• @K-H You can disable the DCHP server by enabling Bridge Mode.

yes, you will disable other features like :

UPnP
    VLAN ID
    DHCP Server
    Port Forwarding
    Family Profiles
    QoS
    DNS

Will bridge mode work for your needs?

• @UI-Brett No it will not work for my needs. The only way it would work for my needs is to disable DHCP like every other home router I have ever seen, except this one. Putting it into bridge mode even disables the information screen, so yes this is going back as soon as your sales department forwards me a RMA way bill.

I don't remember when I've ever spent this much money on a product and being so disappointed after receiving it. I cant believe something so basic as DHCP control was left out of something so awesome...