Allowing incoming IPv6 connections?

• Is there a way to allow incoming IPv6 (not IPv4) connections, from the Internet, into a device that is on the AmpliFi network?

I know that the "port forwarding" feature allows this for IPv4. This works great, but this seems to be only for IPv4.

I can't find a way to do this for IPv6. Am I missing something?

It should just be a matter of specifying which port numbers I want to allow in, because IPv6 doesn't require any forwarding (each device already has its own public IPv6 address).

Thanks!

Josh

• Incoming IPv6 connections are currently blocked by firewall. We should add an option to allow them.

@UBNT-Gunars

• This would be really great. Biggest reason for me to have IPv6 is to easily reach all of my computers from outside our home network.

• Please allow incomming IPv6 (optionally) or make firewall rules configurable.

• Allowing IPv6 connections is available. search your router's IP in a browser. login to your router and more advanced features are available.

• IPv6 feature needs WAY more support and documentation. I'm considering giving the AmpliFi to a neighbor if I can't find a solution to #6 below.

1. If you go to App > Settings Internet, your "IP address"... is only in IPv4.
    2. Under App > Diagnose is the only place WAN IPv6 is exposed.
    3. There is no clarity whether AmpliFi DHCP6 is requesting a single IPv6 address, a /64 or a /60. Diagnose screen just shows a single address.
    4. If you check "Allow incoming IPv6" in the web management, it seems like this grants full exposure. Are there no firewall settings to limit ports exposure?
    5. If I chain another router behind the AmpliFi, the second router gets IPv6 from Amplifi fine. But any device from behind the second router, while it will get an IPv6, that device is not "detected" as IPv6 when using an Internet IPv6 detection tool. I don't believe is that I must allow outside->internal IPv6 connectivity to enable this detection (but maybe I do?); I undertood that such tools can understand whether their endpoint were connected to via IPv6. My impression is the detection problem is because Amplifi's internal DHCP6 is not giving out multiple addresses to clients, so the second router gets only a single IPv6 and therefore is forced to give out from it's own pool of local (non-Internet) IPv6 addresses. But maybe I misread this.
    6. The manual/documentation pre-dates IPv6 enhancements added after the product launches.

In a positive comment, searching for this info lead me to the "Topology" graph in the web management tool. This is NICE. Would be a nice bit of polish to show inside the app. It is veru easy to forget there are additional features found only in the app.