Global connection drops on new Alien

• Hi,

I have been using the Amplifi HD with two mesh points. I have been very happy with it and it’s been very stable.

I just purchased the Alien router with one mesh and replaced my previous set up. I used the same SSID and pass for a seamless transition.

Problem started (almost) straight away. All my devices connected successfully at first, then sudden after first hour connections dropped. This happened on all devices at the same time. When I went in settings on my iPhone, I could see how my device tried to reconnect but as soon as it connected it said “Privacy warning” under and it shut down again. Restarted the device and it worked for a little longer then it happened again.

I have about 10 devices. Mixed bands.

I have now reconfigured the Alien network to be a separate SSID, and have only connected a few devices. It seems to be somewhat more stable apart from one intermittent issue that resolved itself.

Any tips? Have you had the same experience?

Speed is phenomenal but not worth the cash unless it’s super stable.

Thanks !

• @Simon-Lidzén is this the EU version of the Alien? If it is, then it is a piece of junk compared to the HD kit and would better be flogged on eBay as I have gladly done with mine. good riddance.

• @Ali-Hadi yes this is the EU version. Tempted to check in regards to return policy.