10/100BASE-T Ethernet
    Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
    IR receiver
    USB‑C for service and support
    Built‑in power supply

that why your Apple TV HD Work with WiFi 5 not 6

Apple TV 4K 2021 Work with WiFi 6

😊😊

• @Ahmad-Obaid-Ahmad-Alkendi-Almansoori of course , my Apple TV is a 2021 version, so compatible with wifi 6 😊.
    BTW, most if time it is connected to wifi 6 and sometimes to wifi 5.

• When 3.6.3 coming up

• Is anyone else seeing slower throughput when using WiFi 6 on 5Ghz vs plain 5Ghz? I separated WiFi 6 onto its own SSID and consistently get much slower speeds compared when I'm on the non Wifi6 5Ghz SSID. Is there a way to disable WiFi 6 entirely?

• no, I get just the opposite, nearly 940 mb download speeds almost every where in my house, on a 1 gig ISP plan..

• Update to my post - Router has been up for 19 days with zero issues.

• @michael-wasserman Weird. I have a 500 mbps plan and I only get that on non WiFi 6 connections. If I connect to a Wifi6 SSID I'm lucky to see 200-250 mbps.

• Today, after 15 days on mine Mi 11 Ultra was disconnected from WiFi. Nothings help. But, when i switch on my phone to random mac address, everything works flawless. After set up real mac address on my phone, i recieved wrong credentials notification. Restart Alien and everything works fine.
    3.6.2 version of FW

• @Dusan-Vesely I had something similar, many days on 3.6.2 but then my iphone 13 pro was not connected to wifi. I thought it was odd. It would connect but get disconnected quickly. There seemed to be some message about incorrect credentials. I rebooted the phone but the behaviour was still there. I rebooted the router and all is well. Weird. I have private mac address turned off for the iphone. I don't yet have a static IP for it but am planning to add one as I have nearly every device mapped to a static ip.

• @Will-Rickards
    I have a similar issue to both my iPhone 12 and 12 max.
    What I did was to Forget the Network and rejoin.
    Now all back to norm. Just that my previous setting on the device name on the network now shown as unidentified device which I just have to renamed it.

All good right now.

Hope it helps

• After some research I found out that early PS5 modals have a loose ethernet port. This can cause the cable to not make connection and get disconnected. I never used the ethernet port before this so never noticed it. If anyone else is having similar issues it might be why.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jt7m2k/lan_cable_disconnected_error/

• @sansnil it's important to note if that is on 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency bands, the channel width, and how many MIMO (Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) connections each device supports... While Wi-Fi 4 and above (5, 6, 6E...) will support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies as well as MIMO, the speeds each of your devices can achieve is really mostly (trying to simplify but not over-simplify) a function of 4 parameters:
    1- Frequency Band: In theory, one 2.4GHz connection supports a max data rate speed of 300Mbit/s, 5Ghz supports a max of 1200Mbit/s (but has a considerably shorter range) - You can see what your device is using in the App (Devices -> select device -> select "Client Details") or in the web ui (http://amplifi.lan) System info -> Devices (select device) page
    2- Channel Width: The larger the width of the channel the more "data" that can be packed into each delivery made to the device (but unfortunately also the more chance for interference with other nearby radios using the same frequency). - You can see the channel width each of your router radios is using on either the web ui settings page (http://amplifi.lan/settings.php) or the app (under System -> select router -> select Wireless -> select Advanced from OTHER section)… For comparison: 1-2.4GHz connection over 20MHz channel could support up to about 150Mbit/s, 1- 2.4GHz or 5GHz connection over 40MHz channel would support up to about 300Mbit/s, 1-5GHz connection over 80MHz channel could support up to about 600 Mbit/s, and 1-5GHz connection over 160 MHz (DFS) channel could support up to about 1200 Mbit/s
    3- Number of MIMO (Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) connections for each device: Some devices have multiple antennas within and can support aggregating multiple concurrent connections... basically a multiplier to the information on 1/2... if a device only supports 1x1 (one input one output) MIMO then its theoretical max is as specified... if it supports 2x2 MIMO then it becomes twice as much... You can see this info in the same location as #1 (Freq Band).
    4- Signal Strength: This is how much of the the signal is able to reach your device, and it itself is a function of multiple other parameters like: distance from router, obstacles in the way between router and device, and interference (like the one mentioned in #2)… The lower the signal strength, the more your devices will have to work to make sure the data gets correctly transferred between them... effectively decreasing the speed between them (think of having a conversation with someone you're having trouble hearing well)… you can also see this info in the same location as #1 (Freq Band).

So my first guess here would be that your Wifi6 connections are on 2.4GHz frequencies with smaller channel widths and you non-Wifi6 connections are probably 5GHz frequencies and have larger channel widths.

• Hi @oscartoro, thanks for your reply and the helpful information.

I'm using a Samsung Note 10 as the test device and comparing a 5Ghz/160MHz band versus a 5Ghz(WiFi6)/160MHz band.

My external internet speed is capped at 500Mbps. When I test speed on the two different bands I consistently get near or over 500Mbps for the non-WiFi6 5GHz band and around 300Mbps at best with the WiFi6 band. I couldn't figure out why I was never getting the 500Mbs speeds until I realized something about the WiFi6 band was slow.

• @sansnil ah, good info/clarification! Let's peel the onion back one more layer πŸ™‚
    So given that you are using the same device for your tests and you've confirm that it's using the same frequency and bandwidth, the next two things I would look into is:
    1- I noticed you are using DFS (160MHz bandwidths), are you in an area that's crowded or are you pretty isolated? If you are isolated you might actually be better off not using DFS and sticking to 80MHz bandwidths... it could be that the channel that wifi6 is using is getting interference that the wifi5 channel is not getting. You may want to do a wifi analysis and see if you can find a better channel to use for your wifi6 5GHz. There are several apps out there that can help with this (like Wifi Analyzer which is also available for windows or one called NetSpot)... If you noticed this speed change as a "sudden onset after upgrade or reboot" it might be that the channels being used changed, maybe you are using "auto"?

2- Are you using a multi-Alien mesh setup? If so are you using wireless backhaul or wired (ethernet) backhaul? I ask because I believe the alien wireless backhaul uses the Wifi-6 5GHz radios for backhaul which basically adds "load" onto that network for the backhaul duties... I'm guessing this would affect all connections and you would see it on either radio but just in case it doesn't it's something to note.

Hopefully one of those helps... if not then maybe it would be good to open a ticket and send a support file while we can think up of other potential things to look at?

• Hi @sansnil - are you using a North America model Alien and trying to compare the main 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 radio performance with the 802.11ac Additional 5GHz Radio?

If so, the NA Alien 802.11ax radio is limited to the 5.8 GHz band and the 802.11ac Additional 5GHz Radio is limited to the 5.2 GHz band

And if you have enabled the DFS/160MHz option, it can significantly reduces the available transmit power along with a host of other potential issues...
    https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html#DFS

Personally I would not consider the two radios comparable and just look for ways to make them complimentary to each other for your client load and environment

• @UI-AmpliFi I've had my AmpliFi Alien network for a year now and have firmware version 3.4 which it came with. I haven't installed any updates because I think to myself, why mess up a good thing? My network has been stable, reliable, and speeds are fast. I haven't had any issues. Am I missing out by keeping this mindset and not updating?

• @mistergsf Personal preference. You can review all the changes since your firmware version at Firmware Release Notes - AmpliFi.

I think the biggest concern with not updating is missing critical security vulnerability fixes (e.g. FragAttack).

Additionally, a fully updated Alien would be better supported by the AmpliFi team and should maintain better compatibility overall.

• @dwightpro said in AmpliFi Alien Firmware v3.6.2:

I think the biggest concern with not updating is missing critical security vulnerability fixes (e.g. FragAttack).

Thank you for this! I do my best to keep my network secure but I can't do everything without a little help. I'll review the release notes for the previous updates.

• @Kok-Aik-Tan @UI-AmpliFi today, after 6 days online, one of my phone (Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro) was disconnected from the WiFi, if i was changed it's MAC to random, everything was fine, so i think, there is some issue with DHCP and MAC. Forget WiFi and put credentials again wasn't solve issue (if i use real phone MAC). Updated to latest beta 3.6.3-RC3 to test, if there is same problems, but this is for RMA.