Online gaming, specifically Stadia is too laggy to play for some reason...

• We have Comcast home internet 1 gigabit down / 35 mbps up. We have 2 Alien Routers connected by ethernet backbone.

My laptop is connected to ethernet and when we try to play on Stadia via the PC (in browser) the connection is too laggy and we get disconnected often. I installed a plugin called Stadia Enhanced that monitors the connection and I can see the ping varying from 20 ms to 133 ms and all over in between.

There is nothing wrong with our connection that is causing this.

When I take the aliens down and put our nest wifi back up with the same wired devices attached, the problem goes away. There is something in the Alien that is causing this and I don't know what it is.

At first I thought it was the Bypass DNS Cache feature introducing latency since it was having to lookup dns for every URI request, but since disabling that the problem hasn't gone away.

Can someone help? Is there a beta firmware maybe that can help?

I searched the support site and found mention of a user with an amplifiHD and they had stadia issues like I'm having and when they upgraded to a RC version of the firmware, the issue went away. This was in 2020.

I'm not sure what to do, but if we can't resolve this, the routers have to go back. Which is really unfortunate since they work great otherwise.

Thanks for reading and any help you can offer.

• I'm guessing you sent the router back?

• Yes. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. We didn't have any choice.

• Did enabling and configuring QoS Latency Optimization in the web UI make any difference in the Stadia Enhanced ping times?

• No. The error and weird ping latency variations persisted with the feature on and off.

• Sorry to hear that, and it is strange, my usage is latency sensitive and I have never experienced that bug, although I also turn everything off under the Beta options and run independent SSID's with no steering enabled just to give the router as little to do as possible

• The replacements we got for the Alien have thankfully been error free.