Seeking advice: AT&T Fiber and Amplfi HD Router(s)

• Hello:

I'm looking for some guidance on how people have set up their Amplifi systems with AT&T Fiber. Currently, I have my Amplifi HD operating in bridgemode. I have two other Amplifi HDs working as mesh points. The primary HD is set to publish separate SSIDs, so I see 5 different networks (eg: Home, Home 2 GHz, Home 5 GHz, Home 2 GHz MP, Home 5 GHz MP - the last two I believe are published by the mesh points). My home is not wired for ethernet, so no wired backhaul.

The questions:

1. Is anyone using Amplifi HD with fiber (AT&T, Verizon, Google) NOT in bridgemode? I have some AT&T equipment connected to the AT&T router but everything else (wired/wireless) is connected to Amplifi. Can I use the full functionality of Amplifi (i.e take it out of bridgemode)? I cannot disable DHCP/routing functions on the AT&T router so would double NAT create any issues/impact performance? I believe the original recommendation for fiber was to use Amplifi in bridgemode because of performance, but does the 2.6.0 update do away with that?

2. I went with separate SSIDs because I was seeing a performance difference when Amplifi was auto-selecting the band and when I was manually connecting to the 5 GHz network (about 150 Mbps down vs 300 Mbps down when connected directly to the 5 GHz network). Is this normal? Also, is the WiFi connection speed (up to 300 Mbps) what others are seeing?

Thanks for your help - just getting started on this journey, so trying to figure it out:-)

• @rakesh-gupta said in Seeking advice: AT&T Fiber and Amplfi HD Router(s):

I went with separate SSIDs because I was seeing a performance difference when Amplifi was auto-selecting the band and when I was manually connecting to the 5 GHz network (about 150 Mbps down vs 300 Mbps down when connected directly to the 5 GHz network). Is this normal? Also, is the WiFi connection speed (up to 300 Mbps) what others are seeing?

I have your same setup and while the WiFi isn't full gigabit, the hardwired connections are. (It's a limitation even on new hardware hooked up to it, you'll get up to 600-700Mpbs max)

Since AT&T in their 'infinite wisdom' won't let us plug our own equipment directly into the ONT, we are forced to use their RG.

Which RG do you have? I have the 5268AC, and the setting you're looking for is under the firewall tab. If your Amplifi is connected, then you won't need to put in your IP address for it, but if it's already in bridge mode, you may need to. Mine looks like this:

0_1519151761426_ATT RG.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.