v2.6.1

• Hi all,

We've released 2.6.1 this morning. It addresses the issues in 2.6.0 which lead us to cancel the update. In addition to the fixes, we've disabled 802.11r until version 2.6.2, as we wanted to add warnings about compatibility with certain devices. The reason we didn't just wait for 2.6.2 is that this update is also required for standalone Teleport, which started shipping late last week.

Here are the release notes: https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/231456348-Firmware-Release-Notes.

• @ubnt-gunars Been running 2.6.1 since it came out and just had the router crash - all wired and wireless clients were without network access. When I looked at the router itself, it was still displaying an LCD screen but nothing was connected. I power-cycled the router and now everything is back up.

This is the first time I've had an AmpliFi crash.

Btw, I sent in the support diagnostic files about 15 minutes after the crash in hopes support could determine what happened.

• I enabled Hardware NAT, and when I shortly after rebooted the Amplifi router, it froze when booting up, stuck at the boot screen, no wifi was available. It worked again after replugging the power supply.

• @tommy-a-olsen I had not rebooted mine, the LCD was working on the router, we just didn't have any network access on any devices.

• @david-miller Did you get it working in the end?

• @ubnt-gunars Oh yeah, absolutely. It just took power-cycling the router.

• I have been a very happy user of the Amplifi HD since May 2017. The system is fast, the app very good and the stability has been great. I have advised 5 of my friends to buy the Amplifi as well and they have been very happy. However since 2.6.1 I have had to reboot my router 3 times in a week and I need the stability back. I have turned on the hardware NAT and will now turn it off again to see if the stability returns. I can not provide extra info about why the system crashed but hope 2.6.2 will be back to the usual quality standards.

• @UBNT-Gunars I thought v2.6.1 was suppose to fix the roaming hand off for iPhone users who has 2 or more HD points? I still have to turn off my wifi then turn it back on to get internet access. What is the deal?

• @binh-t-nguyen If I recall correctly, we removed roaming from 2.6.1 so that we could add a warning before people enable it. It's now back in beta.

• @ubnt-gunars Are you saying the problems still exist?

• @binh-t-nguyen The warning was about compatibility of some devices. Can you describe your issue in detail?
    @Kees-de-Waard Why do you need to reboot your router?

• @ubnt-gunars So, my Main HD is in the living room and the 2nd HD point is in the garage. When roaming from the garage to the other side it has no problem with internet connection when I'm using my phone to surf the internet. But If I'm in the living room OR upstairs in the master bedroom. Then when I start roaming near the garage my internet stops transferring data. Thats when I have to turn off my wifi on my phone then switch it to back on.

• @ubnt-gunars I had to reboot my router because there was no other option to connect to it to do a reset. The only thing I could do was to go physically to the router and pull the plug.
    I have not had any issues for 5 days now. I have turned off Hardware NAT 5 days ago. I'll continue to monitor.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.