New 1Gbps connection; router only lets 100Mbps

• @ubnt-jt Yes & it works perfectly speed wise bridged off my old Netgear modem. The problem is with in in router mode it does not hold speeds. In bridge the speed never drops below 940+ but that requires me having the other router in my work space instead of just the modem & amplifi hd

• I'm still having this issue with the latest firmware...

It only gets fixed if I reboot the router.

This is very stupid...

I disabled Hardware NAT now to see if it helps...

• I am getting stuck around 220 down when running the speedtest through the app oddly enough when I run it through a browser on my machine over wifi I am getting around 305mbps. I have gig Fios going directly into the Amplifi HD. Running the latest 3.3.0. Verizon is showing speed test from their end to the router around 935mbps. Did anyone ever get over this?

• @Joe-Mallit The AmpliFi in app speed test can be giving you a false reading, and this is a known error we are working on.

For the time being, to test true speed results, First I recommend testing a hardwire connection from one of the 4 LAN ports on AmpliFi. Then once we can confirm full gig performance on the network then we can identify what may be hindering our wireless speeds.

For gig performance, Hardware NAT will need to be enabled, and depending on what services and features you have through Verizon, either their equipment or AmpliFi into Bridge Mode to remove any possible double NAT.

• This post is deleted!

• Hi @UI-Brett

Just ran speed test from a device hardwired in and was getting the expected 900+ bandwidth both ways. So it looks like this is for sure just due to the false reading. Didn't realize it was a know issue. I have the hardware NAT turned on and I pulled the Verizon router out and go direct into the Amplifi. I will mess around with the wifi a bit more, but this just gives me reason to run cables throughout like I planned.

• @Joe-Mallit If you have the ability to run cables throughout your property, then more power to you! That's the ideal configuration that not all of us are lucky enough to have 😉 . Thanks for reporting back!

• @UI-Brett It is far from an ideal cable run scenario, but considering being stuck at home might as well feel accomplished. Thanks for the help and stay safe.

• Upgraded again to latest firmware... This is STILL HAPPENING... It seems that any glitch in the connection will make Amplifi HD understand only 100mbps... Again, this is making me crazy, if I reboot it then I get full speed!

• @Felipe-Lopes-0 Sounds like a negotiation issue between AmpliFi and modem. Replace the modem, and cable. If this does not resolve it I would look in to an RMA for your AmpliFi.

• @UI-JT @Felipe-Lopes-0 Or a switch? Do you have any switches in your network?

• No switches at all... The ethernet cable comes from the building. I never had any issues using an Ubiquiti AC-PRO with the same cables... What I can see is that if anything makes the connection slow down, Amplifi HD will switch to 100Mbps mode... This is REALLY annoying as a simple reboot or plugging the cable off and on solves the issue... I thought I bought a premium device...