2.6.2 seems to be causing MacBook Pro issues for me

• A couple of interesting items with my MacBook Pro. After researching some of Apple's white papers on their wireless deployments, it appears that full AC speed only occurs on certain channels. There are 3 main channels where the highest speeds can be reached so I used the one in the middle - 149. I only set the 5GHz, I left the 2.4GHz on auto. The speed increased immediately!! In fact the mesh point went from 68% to 96% - and has stayed there for 2 days!

Another thing I noticed is that if I turn Band Steering off, the MBP will ALWAYS connect to the 2.4 band upon wake from sleep - and I was less than 10 ft from the router. It also was sluggish in connecting. The only way to get it back to 5Ghz was to turn the wifi off and on. I was able to reproduce this several times. I turned on Band Steering and the problem went away.

This will vary based on which model of MBP you have but I thought I would share observations.

• I have the same issue with one of my MacBook Pro laptops is failing to connect to the mesh point.

I have 2 Mesh Points and Acer AC-1900 router.

From the wifi logs I see that is fails to authenticate.

I've downgraded firmware on one of mesh points to 2.4.3 and issue has disappeared.

So now I reliably reproduce the issue, just buy moving my laptop from room to room.

I'm happy to help to diagnose the root cause of the issue.

• @konstantin-zadorozhny Thank you for being willing to support us in finding a fix. We are currently working on this exact issue so please check back for an update soon.

• Have had to power cycle my Amplifi router running 2.62 several times after connecting my MacBook Pro 13 (2016) via wifi to my network.

No issues connecting iMac via wired connection or iPad/iPhones via wireless...

• @hanz-shcaerp interesting - can you give us the link to the mentioned apple whitepapers? tnx in advance!