Top 10 - Call for Feature Requests #1

• Votes___By_____________ Feature request
    61 - Rich De Cruz - ______ VPN support (router level)
    53 - Dan Sobel - ________ USB support. Integrate a UPNP/NAS media server feature for external hard drives.
    49 - LA12 Sports Images - Add DDNS
    36 - Patrick Wacki - ______ Block specific network traffic
    34 - Thiago Vinhas - _____ See the bandwidth usage of the hardwired devices
    31 - maj170123 - ________ Bandwidth logging.
    31 - Jao van de Lagemaa - Improved handoff.
    29 - Jasper Bakker - _____ Show the devices and ports below 'Port forwarding' which device that uses UPnP
    29 - Craig Lynam - _______ Guest WiFi in Bridge Mode.
    27 - Peter Farrar - _______ Add Smart Queue QoS.

@UBNT-Gunars and colleagues ...
    Just curious how you guys are looking against the top10 of "Call for Feature Requests #1"?
    Some progress in work?

• @jasper-bakker thanks for the awesome compilation!

#1 we already have a VPN in the router for Teleport, but there are no user friendly clients for it
    #4 integrating a UniFi type DPI engine is possible, but it won't happen quickly
    #5 and #6 are under considration
    #7 sounds like 802.11 r/k/v which we've added recently
    #9 although possible, it's time consuming to add features to bridge mode, and you can usually make a setup work with NAT mode; maybe we can address some of the reasons people choose to use bridge mode instead
    #10 needs further investigation for conflicts with hardware NAT, but should be possible

The other items are under consideration.

• @ubnt-gunars Concerning #4, could you work on being able to set different DNS for clients? This could be done at the DNS level.

#5 and #6, is there a way to set this up to offload the logging like SNMP or Netflow? Or a controller for Amplifi?

Obviously it would be best to have all this built in but at least give us some control by offloading these functions until they can be integrated.

• @maj170123 I like how we can quickly test new controls in the router setup portal, so maybe SNMP could have the same role with regards to new information. I'll think about the per-client DNS idea.

• @ubnt-gunars we wouldn't want to enable QoS with hnat right? Assuming people are using hnat for 1gb service.

• @michael-easlick depends on how fast it can be made, and if it's compatible at all.

• @michael-easlick Any "smart QoS" will not only effectively disable HW NAT, but also limit available bandwidth to ~100 Mbps. Actually we have played with it. Works good but only up to certain limit. Also, the user needs to specify upper speed limit for upload and download.

• @dmitrijs-ivanovs

Can't you just implement "smart queue" in the web interface and put a warning saying it will restrict bandwidth to 100 Mbps max?

It's really the only thing that is stopping AmpliFi from being perfect for me. I've been tempted to go back to an Edgerouter X just to get smart queue again.

• can we get support for PIA VPN (router level) please?

• @peter-farrar I agree, I just bought myself an Amplifi Mesh Router. Smart QoS is the only thing missing to make it the perfect home router for me. I am currently considering switching to USG/EdgeRouter + Accesspoints only because of Smart QoS.

• Is it so much to ask for a way to view each individual access point's connected devices with IP addresses? Having to individually select each device to see which mesh point or router it happens to currently be connected to is annoying.

Or, just list which point it's connected to within the Client list (AmpliFi/Family/All Devices list). That along with the IP address would be nice info to add to that.

• @ubnt-gunars #4 would be great! Great suggestion!

• I need #9. The reason is that I'm using a hardware firewall with IDS/IPS, web proxy and other security features. There are a lot of rules in place, based on source addresses. Therefore, NAT is no option.

Thank you for your support.

• @UBNT-Gunars 好多产品连接到路由器只支持2.4g,但是路由器设置成单个SSID后,并不能区分2.4或是5G信号。如果在设置里设置成分别显示SSID后,会多出很多SSID。我自己的是两个路由桥接的,这样就有了4个SSID,非常不方便。这样无缝切换连接就不可能了。需要自己手动连接多个SSID。不知道能否有解决办法。增加一个2.4G或5g的开关选项?

还有远程登录问题,在中国并不能使用GOOGLE和FACEBOOK。希望有其他的登录方式。

• @ubnt-gunars missing from this list is a separate iOT network. this would be my number 2 (and 3 and 4). my number 1 is always reliability and stability, which are already there but should always come ahead of any other features.

• @tony-chen Hi Tony! We are working on WeChat logins for remote access. There's also a new feature that lets you add an additional, band-specific SSID to any node on the mesh network. It should be released soon.

• @ubnt-gunars
    One point from me to USB support! My 2 TB external HDD cry every night because it feel so useless. Thank you!

• @UBNT-Gunars I also have a Cujo IDS/IPS and inter VLAN routing through a FW.

• @jasper-bakker @ubnt-gunars Blacklisting websites domain level.

• @ubnt-gunars Saying you've implemented VPN in Teleport is not the same as implementing VPN in Amplifi... I shouldn't have to buy an extra device for VPN. Most home routers come standard with VPN support these days.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.