Using Teleport when AmpliFi is behind an EdgeRouter

• Has anyone successfully used a Teleport when the AmpliFi is behind an EndgeRouter? If so, how?

Thanks.

• @colman-lalka Make sure uPnP is enabled on the EdgeRouter. Then put the AmpliFi router in bridge mode.

• Yes, base ER-X configuration, uPnP/uPnP2 enabled, QoS (smart queues) enabled, DHCP server enabled 192.168.1.X address. Conected to cable modem, gets the public Internet address. No port forwarding.

Amplifi configured as a router (not bridge mode), uPnP enabled, gets a 192.168.1.X IP. Amplifi LAN is 192.168.23.X (example) and of course runs DHCP giving all clients an IP on this range.

Client with 192.168.23.4 can reach the ER-X at *.1.1 and cable modem on its internal IP of *.100.1.

Teleport works just fine without issues.

• I have Teleport working behind a Peplink Balance router with the Amplifi router in bridge mode. I have full access to my home network from 800 miles away. WhatsMyIP shows my home ISP IP address.

I thought Teleport performance was awful but turns out it is my hotel's Comcast Business service that is awful. Same crud speeds when I test through Teleport or directly to hotel wifi. Reliability of the connection through Teleport seems great so far. And the hotel's captive portal didn't cause any problems.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.