Two-Factor Authentication

• EDIT: I’m speaking strictly about the Teleport device, and not the Amplifi router.

Some sort of two-factor authentication needs to be built into this device in addition to just the password. Maybe some sort of notification/confirmation in the Amplifi app any time a new device joins (with the ability to “store” common/known devices, or a “don’t prompt for additional auth for x number of days/weeks/months)?

As a mobile device that allows unfettered access to someone’s home network, a password just isn’t enough security in my opinion, so this is an absolute must.

• @jayson-knight We support only common WPA/WPA2 standard which is based on password. It is convenient and secure enough for most home users.

For larger applications, there is WPA Enterprise - very flexible and secure but requires much more care and feeding. Amplifi does not support it.

• @jayson-knight. Isn't this mitigated by allowing those you don't want to have unfettered access by only allowing them access via the Guest Network?

• @jayson-knight Are you referring to MFA for access to the app or MFA for devices actually connecting to your WIFI network?

• @maj170123 Devices connecting to the network via the Teleport device.

• @james-earl-ford The Teleport device has a guest network? I’m talking strictly about the Teleport device.

• @jayson-knight Oops, my bad. I think there is a lot of confusion here since the 'latest posts' doesn't show what the main forum is, just 'Suggestions'. I didn't notice this was in the Teleport forum...

A push to accept to the app shouldn't be that hard to implement. This doesn't need a full MFA system setup for it (email, SMS, etc). I would do it for both when the Teleport is trying to connect to the router and also when a device is trying to connect to the Teleport.

I think that push notification in general need to be supported. Notifications of when the teleport connects to my home, new devices connect, new updates, etc.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.