Powering the AmpliFi Router using a USB-C Car charger or DC supply

• Hi All,

We would like to power the AmpliFi Router using a DC power supply for use in one of our Test Labs.
    We have tried using the Belkin USB-C Car Charger (http://www.belkin.com/au/p/P-F7U004/) but unfortunately we get the "Adapter Error" message. We selected the Belkin Car charger because it uses 12VDC and has the USB-C power delivery chip set. This means it will detect the DC level for the device and then deliver the correct DC voltage (i.e. 9VDC for the AmpliFi router).
    Is anyone aware of any USB-C car chargers or other USB-C compatible DC power supplies that will work with the AmpliFi router?

Many Thanks
    Hoping someone can assist me with this matter.

• Going to second this. Would like to know what issue the "adapter error" is complaining about. Would like to use a DC battery backup for this device. Yeah, I can use a standard AC UPS, but them it is converting AC->DC->AC->DC, which is horrifically inefficient.

If the device is not USB-C compliant, then it should not be using that connector.

• It's not just third party power supplies. I bought a brand new unit on Friday evening, set it up, was really happy, and last night it's died with "Adapter Error", and this is the original supplied power supply. Just spent some time with support, and I've got to return it to my supplier and get it all swapped out. Seems the unit must be very fussy if even the genuine power supply can cause the problem. 😞

• I have an older model with micro USB and I came home to it not coming on. I tried a different micro USB cable and it seemed stuck in a boot loop. Plugged it into a USB battery and it will come on and stay on.

Tried reading through the documentation available online and cannot find any specifications for the included micro usb adapter. Guess I need to physically check the casing on the one that failed and see if I can't find a suitable replacement myself.

All this to say that the micro USB version does seem to operate with no issue from a battery 🙂
    In my experience, USB type C power delivery is particular due to the significantly higher variability. Use a good cable, and ensure that the battery/adapter you are attempting to use meets the power specifications of the original adapter.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.