Using IPv6 "6to4" tunnels?

• I'm looking to upgrade my Apple Airports, but I have an unusual requirement.

My ISP (VirginMedia in UK) is still pure IPv4. I have an IPv6 Teredo tunnel configured in my Airport Extreme to tunnelbroker.net. Devices on my network now automatically get IPv6 and IPv4 addresses and connectivity.

Recent AmpliFi firmware versions have an IPv6 network mode called "6to4" which sounds promising, but I cannot figure out how it works. Basically, can I use it and configure an AmpliFi with my tunnel?

• Does nobody know how 6to4 works?

• Your ISP could run 6to4 in own network, 6to4 is a standard. You can't configure it.

• The HE tunnel broker actually uses 6in4 not 6to4. My Amplifi HD doesn't arrive until this weekend, but I am planning on adding a pfSense firewall with 6in4 support. Since I also want a guest network, I will have to keep the Amplifi in routed mode, which means double-NAT. I ran double-NAT when I had FiOS a few years ago and didn't really see any problems, so I am hoping this setup will work again. Can NAT be turned off on the WAN port of the Amplifi in this situation as long as I pick a different subnet for the pfSense - Amplify link than either the internal or guest networks? Then it's just a simple extra Gigabit router hop, but I'll need to add route entries for the two internal networks to the pfSense (I'm assuming the Amplifi will have default routes pointing to the WAN interface for the internal and guest networks).

• Since I also want a guest network, I will have to keep the Amplifi in routed mode, which means double-NAT.

Hi @jzuena - if you are referring to the AmpliFi Guest WiFi network, it is also available in Bridge mode which disables NAT on the WAN port...maybe that is a possibility for what you are trying to accomplish?

• @Derek-Saville I didn't realize guest network works now in bridged mode. I'll give that a try first.